To live our best life, we need to get out of the house, be with friends, exercise and do fun things. Some of us need a little more support as well, be it physical, emotional or cognitive. The Wisdom Center brings it all to you in one daily package: transportation, activities, exercise, nursing, social services, physical, occupational and speech therapy, social work, dietary support and fresh meals served from our kitchen. All for one very affordable daily cost. CenCal Members and Veterans who qualify, may receive services for no charge.
Typical Wisdom Day
A typical Wisdom Day starts at your front door.
- We pick you up at your front door and bring you to the center
- Our nursing staff will take your vitals upon arrival, then
- Enjoy a lovely freshly made breakfast, eat inside, or outdoors on our beautiful patio, enjoying the beautiful California sunshine and friends.
- Move from breakfast to any of the scheduled creative and stimulating activities, or do your own thing- play pool, garden, socialize, knit, or just continue relaxing and enjoying the day with your friends on the patio! It’s up to you.
- Our program staff are there to help you do what you want to do, from bringing you coffee, helping you to the next activity, to even supporting you in the restroom if needed.
- Participate in your individually designed (by our PT/OT staff) exercise program, supervised by trained professionals and overseen by our PT/OT and nursing staff.
- Chat with our social work staff if you like, who will listen to how you’re feeling, or help you navigate benefits to which you are entitled. Our social work staff is also available to your caregiver.
- Enjoy a delicious lunch prepared, like all our meals, fresh daily, in our kitchen.
- Following lunch, and a little more time to relax and socialize, it’s time to go home, and our vans will take you there.
The Wisdom Center is a fully licensed and certified Adult Day Health Care program. The goal of the center is to reduce unnecessary institutionalization by addressing the needs of the whole person, including medical, emotional, cognitive and social, The Wisdom center strives to improve or maintain the functioning of each individual served, and to bring joy and happiness to everyone who walks through our doors.
Adult Day Health Care (ADHC)
Give us a call today to schedule a tour and to learn more about our center 805.354.5320, or contact us through our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to talk with you!